Quesadilla de Mason
- 2 Tortilla Fresca organic uncooked tortillas
- ¼ cup three-blend Mexican cheese
- 4 grilled chicken strips
- 1 finely chopped Roma tomato
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup pre-made guacamole
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium.
- Place tortilla in warmed skillet and cook for approximately 15-20 seconds on each side or until the tortilla puffs slightly and turns a golden brown. Set aside in a tortilla warmer or a clean dish cloth and cover.
- Repeat for second tortilla. In second tortilla, just after flipping, spread 3/4 of the cheese evenly. Add chicken strips, tomato, and cilantro. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and place the second tortilla on top.
- Cook for an additional 15 seconds on both sides.
- When the cheese is melted place on a cutting board, cut into quarters and enjoy with salsa, sour cream,
Makes: 1 large quesadilla • TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Mason Trotter
Family Members: Ryan, Elisa, Davis Trotter, and longtime family friend Levi Loquist
Hobbies & Interests: Paddle boarding, boogie boarding, skiing, swimming, listening to comedy shows, playing with his little brother
Favorite Local Activity: Playing with friends in the neighborhood
About the Recipe: Uncooked tortillas are a Trotter family favorite. Mason’s grandpa introduced the family to uncooked tortillas in 1993 and the family hasn’t gone back to pre-cooked tortillas since! Learning to cook tortillas is a right of passage for the Trotter boys and they love being able to contribute to the family meals.
About the Chef: Mason is in fifth grade and attends Maranatha Christian School in 4S Ranch. He loves being a big brother to Davis (2), who joins Mason and his longtime friend Levi at all of their lacrosse games. Mason is learning to play the trumpet and violin, and is a member of the FIRST Robotics Lego League. Mason has fun camping and hanging out with his Cub Scout buddies in the Radio Active Dragons Patrol of Pack 627. He enjoys making dinner for the family and wants to follow in his dad’s footsteps and become an F-35 pilot (since the F/A-18s will be retired).