Nicole’s Teriyaki Noodles
- 4 chicken breasts (or 6-7 tenderloins)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- 2 celery ribs (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, julienned)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 green onions (sliced into 1-inch strips)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- Cut chicken into 1-inch squares and cook thoroughly in a medium sautee pan for about 8 to 14 minutes using one tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile sautee the celery ribs, broccoli florets, bell pepper seeded, onion, carrots, mushrooms, and green onions for 4 to 5 minutes in 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Add the teaspoon of pepper, ginger, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-6 more minutes.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti noodles and gently toss until completely covered. Top with a handful of sesame seeds if desired. Serve immediately.
Total Time: About 30 minutes | Serves: At least 5
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Nicole Stone
Family Members: Hannah Haggerty, Shayla Haggerty, Elizabeth Dunbar, and Alexander Dunbar
Interests: Horses and children
Favorite Activities in 92064: Trail riding through Poway and beyond
About the Recipe: This recipe is healthy and kid-friendly, with a little pizzazz to keep the adult taste buds entertained as well.
About the Chef: I am a mother of four who works as a finance manager with Capital Asset Management in Carlsbad, and I also manage the Poway Equestrian Center here in Poway. I have a lot of different wheels turning and am always on the lookout for healthy, easy dinners that my children and I will love.