Heather’s Baked Potato Soup
- 5 pounds of Russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and boil in a large pot until tender. Drain and mash with a potato masher.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and return to boil, then remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheddar cheese.