- Inductees for the Titan Hall of Fame 2014
- Escondido Humane Society Adult Education Series
- POW! Foundation presents Presidio Brass: Sounds of the Cinema
- Unbroken: Cabaret for a Cause
- A Solution for Arm Injuries in Youth Baseball
- PHS Student Raises Money for Special Needs Prom
- The PYBL Challenged Division Grows Strong in Poway
- Project Wildlife Tips: Everyday Ways to Protect Wildlife
- Local Author and Illustrator Finds the JOY in Creating Educational Children’s Books
- Blooms Abound at The Flower Fields at Carlsbad
Carols by Candlelight
Carols by Candlelight celebrates its 23rd year of bringing Christmas cheer to San Diego with their 2012 star-filled lineup. Performers hit the stage on Dec. 7 – 8 at the California Center for the Arts.
Creator, Steve Vaus (aka Buck Howdy) explained the event’s atmosphere as a “warm, fuzzy, goosebump experience,” and remarked that people leaving are often heard talking about being filled with Christmas spirit. The intimate setting after the performance is the highlight of the night for most people – attendees and stars alike gather in the courtyard, light candles and sing “Silent Night” a capella.
This year the show will feature singer, songwriter and classic performer B.J. Thomas, American country music singer Collin Raye, Christian-country female vocalist Mary James, country-rock sensation Eve Selis, and award-winning cowboy singer of western music Buck Howdy. All four will light up the stage with Christmas carols and their own hardest hitters.
Proceeds benefit Rady Children’s Hospital. Steve explained that there’s nothing better than giving, “the gift of hope to kids in desperate circumstances.” For more information visit starsconcert.com.