- Westfield North County Hosts Free Prep for Prom
- Arts & Crafts Market Joins Flower Show at Old Poway Park
- Twin Peaks Middle School 5th Annual Taste of Poway
- PowPAC Theatre’s Upcoming Shows
- Poway Chamber Hosts Ribbon Cutting for Mathnasium in Poway
- PGSL’s Poker Night Fundraiser
- Poway Chamber of Commerce Hosts March Mixer and Lunch & Learn
- The First Annual Mickey Cafagna Memorial Golf Classic has been Postponed
- Poway Spring Family Festival: New Live Bands
- Poway High School Choir Presents Festival Concert
Carols by Candlelight
Carols by Candlelight celebrates its 23rd year of bringing Christmas cheer to San Diego with their 2012 star-filled lineup. Performers hit the stage on Dec. 7 – 8 at the California Center for the Arts.
Creator, Steve Vaus (aka Buck Howdy) explained the event’s atmosphere as a “warm, fuzzy, goosebump experience,” and remarked that people leaving are often heard talking about being filled with Christmas spirit. The intimate setting after the performance is the highlight of the night for most people – attendees and stars alike gather in the courtyard, light candles and sing “Silent Night” a capella.
This year the show will feature singer, songwriter and classic performer B.J. Thomas, American country music singer Collin Raye, Christian-country female vocalist Mary James, country-rock sensation Eve Selis, and award-winning cowboy singer of western music Buck Howdy. All four will light up the stage with Christmas carols and their own hardest hitters.
Proceeds benefit Rady Children’s Hospital. Steve explained that there’s nothing better than giving, “the gift of hope to kids in desperate circumstances.” For more information visit starsconcert.com.