Your Neighbor’s Recipe: Fire Station 1’s ‘Dr Pepper’ RIBS
A favorite meal at Poway Fire Dept. Station 1 for generations, the Dr Pepper Ribs recipe was submitted by Firefighter/Paramedic D.J. Schroeder. He typically prepares the meal for the five-person C Shift crew.
“Boiling the ribs in Dr Pepper lets the ribs absorb all 23 flavors of the soda,” Schroeder, 31, said. “We like to bake the ribs in the oven after boiling them, which makes the rib meat fall right off the bone.”
Schroeder, who lives in Carlsbad, said the recipe is not only tasty, but very easy to make. When not at the fire station or cooking ribs, Schroeder is an avid surfer. Ingredients and Directions are below.
4 liters of Dr Pepper
2 full racks of ribs
1-2 Bottles BBQ sauce of choice
- Bring Dr Pepper to boil in tall pan on stove top.
- Add ribs to pan.
- Boil ribs in Dr Pepper for 1 hour.
- Pull ribs out of the Dr Pepper and place on cooking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lather ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Cook ribs at 350 degrees for 30 min.
- Enjoy! [/tab] [/tabs]
We want your recipe! Submit yours here and get published in 92064 Magazine!